NL announces $452,000 funding three Bay of Islands towns

0
410

The Newfoundland and Labrador government announced a total of $452,000 in funding for water and sewer, recreation, roads and five services projects in the three Bay of Islands towns, reports The Western Star.

The towns of Cox’s Cove, Meadows and Mount Moriah will receive the funding from the provincial government.Funding for these projects is cost-shared, with the provincial government providing 90% of the funding and the towns covering the remaining 10%, the newspaper said.

In Cox’s Cove, $32,000 is being invested to conduct repairs on the BioGreen Wastewater Plant. Meadows will receive $200,000 to start construction on a new recreation facility, playground and ball field.

Mount Moriah will receive $70,000 for program and design work as part of the construction of a new fire response services building, along with an additional $150,000 for street improvement work.

Read More

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.