NL: Province provides funding to town to help with road drainage


The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador is investing $300,000for improved drainage on three local roads in the Town of North River.

The project is cost-shared with the provincial government providing 90% of funding and the Town of North River providing the remaining 10%.

Since 2006, more than $426 million has been committed to upgrade municipal infrastructure in towns of less than 11,000 people.

“With the intense weather patterns in recent years, having proper drainage is essential to towns throughout the province. Through this $300,000 commitment, we will work with the Town of North River to complete some much needed water upgrades which will provide better services to residents and families in the community,”Minister of Municipal and Intergovernmental AffairsSteve Kent said in a statement.

Read More


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.